I know for many of us parents the pressure is on to prepare the perfect feast for the upcoming holidays, but no one said the perfect feast can’t be simple and filling.
1 lb. ground beef
3 cups spaghetti sauce (28 oz.jar Ragu Robusto! Italian Meet Sauce or any flavor)
1-package lasagna noodles
4 cups ricotta cheese (2 lbs.)
2 packages of 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cook Time: 40 minutes. Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Yields: 12 servings.
- Cook pasta according to pasta package.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef. Drain the grease. Return meat to pan and add 1 jar of sauce to meat, heat.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- To assemble; in the bottom of a 9×13 inch-baking dish spread ½ cup of the sauce mixture across the bottom of the dish. Cover with 4 cooked lasagna noodles lengthwise over sauce (overlapping edges of noodles). Spread 1/3 of cheese filling over pasta. Cover with about 1 cup of meat sauce. Then repeat layers of lasagna noodles, cheese, and meat sauce twice. Top with layer of pasta and cover noodles with remaining meat sauce. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and top lasagna with 2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes. When done, let lasagna stand for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Consider serving this meal with an Italian Antipasto salad, meatballs and sausage chunks in homemade sauce and garlic bread or fresh Italian bread.
This meal has always been a holiday favorite in my family and I hope it will be with your family, too!
What feast will your family be enjoying this holiday season? Share with us here! And if you have any great recipes be sure to share those, too. We always look forward to cooking up new recipes.
Spread the word, and the “like”, click that little facebook button!